Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Andy Warhol - Marilyn Monroe

Dear journal,
I've just received the tragic news of  Marilyn Monroe's death. Being such a beautifully talented actress, I feel it necessary to honor her legacy by painting he portrait. Marilyn's death has affected me very deeply, since she is such an adored figure in the public's eye. I feel that creating this artwork of her will help me cope with her death and move on from my current sorrow state of mind. I will be using the method of silk screening to make several different images. Each image will consist of different colors, representing the different masks she always wore to hide her true self. I believe that an age of pop art is at hand, and this work of Marilyn will catch the public's eye well. My kind of artwork seems to have a certain affect on its viewers, some good and some bad. Never the less, it still catches their interest and causes them to become curious about the origin of the art. Some people wonder why I choose to draw commercial items, such as soup cans. My simple answer; because they stand as a border between the rich and poor.
 

2 comments:

  1. Nice writing! You did a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am so impressed how you really incorporate personality into your writing! Just overall impressed with your writing!

    ReplyDelete